Stylish Blogger Award
Thanks very much to Deniz Bevan at The Girdle of Melian for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award!
I first got to know Deniz on the Compuserve Books and Writers Community (in fact, if I'm not mistaken, she was the one who responded to my first-ever post on the forum, back in March 2007) and I always enjoy reading her comments on the forum.
The rules for the Stylish Blogger Award:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share things about yourself
- Award recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
1) I enjoy doing needlepoint as a hobby (often while listening to OUTLANDER audiobooks on my iPod). My latest project is about 80% complete, and I'll post a picture when it's done. In the meantime, here's one I did last year.
2) I don't have a Kindle, Nook, iPad, or similar device. I'm starting to feel like a bit of a Luddite. <g> Maybe this will be the year I finally break down and join the e-reading craze?
3) And speaking of technological gadgets....I have no sense of direction, NONE! I can't imagine how I got along for so many years without a GPS. I've had my Garmin for a little more than a year now, and I love it.
4) I've been living in North Carolina for more than 25 years, but I grew up in New Providence, New Jersey. I don't get back to NJ very often these days, only occasionally to visit my cousin's family. My parents moved to Raleigh, NC, in 2005 to be closer to me. Which has its advantages and disadvantages. <wry g>
5) I'm a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and of course that means I'm also a fan of Carolina basketball. <g> (Hoping for a better season this year than last!) Go Heels!
Now, time to pass on this award. I don't do as much following of other blogs as I used to. ("Had we but world enough and time," as Diana is fond of saying. <g>) But here are two OUTLANDER-related blogs that I follow on a regular basis, and enjoy very much:
My Outlander Purgatory - Carol blogs, Tracey tweets, and on Monday nights a bunch of us get together to chat about All Things Outlander. It's been about a year since I discovered this site, and I love it. Carol and Tracey are very entertaining, and frequently hilarious. (Oh, and thoroughly addicted to Diana Gabaldon's books, of course. <g>) If you haven't yet visited the site, I highly recommend it!
Blue Moon Magnolia - Bri runs a very entertaining blog, which is a pleasure to read. I still laugh every time I think about the Pumpkin Homage to THE EXILE, which was her creation. If you haven't yet checked out this site, you really should. I think you'll like it.