2nd Annual OUTLANDER Photo Contest!
[UPDATE 9/8/2013: The contest is over. Look here for the winners and the slideshow of photos.]
We had a lot of fun with this contest last year, and I wanted to try it again. You can see last year's contest entries here.
1) Submit a photo showing one of the following:
- Yourself, a friend, or a family member (including children or pets!) reading or holding one of Diana Gabaldon's books.
- Your OUTLANDER book collection
- A well-loved paperback edition (you know, one of those books that's been read so often it's nearly falling apart...)
- Your favorite place to read the books
- The most unusual place you've read the books
- At least one of Diana Gabaldon's books must be included in the photo in order to qualify for the contest.
- The photo must be one that you took yourself, or that you have permission to use.
- Your name
- A brief caption or description of the photo. (If there's a story behind the photo, I'd love to hear it!)
- Please state whether or not it's OK to share your photo. (After the contest ends, I will post the photos in an album on Picasa, so that Diana Gabaldon and any fans who might be interested can see them. If you'd rather not have your photo included in this collection, that's fine, just let me know. It won't affect your eligibility for the contest.)
4) One entry per person, please!
5) You do not have to be a US resident in order to enter this contest.
6) Winners of last year's OUTLANDER Photo Contest are not eligible to win this year's contest. (Sorry, but I'd like to give others a chance to win.)
There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive his/her choice of ONE of the following books in hardcover, signed and personalized by Diana Gabaldon:
- Any of the OUTLANDER or Lord John books (excluding WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART'S BLOOD, which won't be published until March 25, 2014)
- THE OUTLANDISH COMPANION
- THE EXILE (graphic novel)
- The OUTLANDER 20th Anniversary Edition
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment here, if you have any questions. Good luck, and have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with. <g>
PLEASE NOTE: I will acknowledge each entry as it's received with a reply by email. If you sent in a photo but you did NOT get a reply back from me, please re-send it and make sure that you put "OUTLANDER Photo Contest" in the subject line, so I will know it's for the contest. Thanks.