February poll results, and an announcement
Here are the results of the February poll, which asked the question, "Would you go through the stones, if you could?"
- 25.78% - Maybe for a short visit, but not to live there permanently.
- 25.56% - Of course, if Jamie Fraser was waiting for me!
- 14.89% - No. I like reading about it and/or watching it on TV, but I have no desire to time-travel myself.
- 6.89% - No, I couldn't leave my family and friends here.
- 5.33% - Yes! I'd love to see the 18th century.
- 4.44% - No, I'd miss the conveniences of modern life too much.
- 4.44% - Yes, but I'd have to bring some essential items with me.
- 3.56% - No, I wouldn't survive in an earlier time.
- 3.56% - No, it took a lot of hard work to live in the 18th century.
- 2.00% - I'm not sure.
- 0.89% - No, it sounds too dangerous.
- 0.89% - I don't believe time-travel is possible.
- 1.78% - Other
After giving it some thought, I have decided to discontinue the monthly polls on Outlandish Observations.
I first started posting these polls in November 2008. At this point, after more than 11 years of doing a poll every single month, they've become boring and repetitive (at least it seems that way to me), and the recent polls haven't generated much interest.
The other factor is that the first of the month is always my busiest time of the month at work. Collating and posting poll results, and getting the word out about the latest poll, takes some time and effort, as you can imagine. Doing all that adds a certain amount of stress to my life on a day that is ALWAYS extremely busy, and given the declining interest in these polls, it's become more of a chore for me than it should be.
So I think it's time to stop. I may still run a poll occasionally, but probably not as a regular monthly feature anymore.
I want to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt THANK YOU!! to everyone who's participated in these polls over the years. I appreciate it very much.