50 days and counting.....
We're now at 50 days and counting until the release of Diana Gabaldon's THE SCOTTISH PRISONER. What are you doing to get ready for the November 29 release of the book?
- Reading (or re-reading, or listening to) the other Lord John books and stories? (Up to and including the latest story, "Lord John and the Plague of Zombies", which was just published last week.)
- Clearing your calendar of any distractions that might get in the way of reading during the week after it's released?
- Pre-ordering from Amazon, B&N, the Poisoned Pen, or elsewhere?
- Reading all the excerpts and #DailyLines about SCOTTISH PRISONER that you can find?
- Distracting yourself by reading other things? (I just finished THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MRS. TOM THUMB, which was an interesting read, if a bit depressing.)
- None of the above?
For those of you who are still undecided about whether you want to read SCOTTISH PRISONER or not, I'll just remind you that half of this book is told from Jamie Fraser's point of view. That's several hundred pages, at least, of a piece of Jamie's life (in 1760, during his time at Helwater) that we know very little about from the main OUTLANDER books.
You can see more information about SCOTTISH PRISONER on Diana Gabaldon's blog here.