Announcing the 2nd Annual Droughtlander Photo Contest!
Things have been pretty quiet in OUTLANDER fandom lately, as the #Droughtlander continues. Filming on Season 3 is underway, and Diana Gabaldon is still writing GO TELL THE BEES THAT I AM GONE, Book 9 of the OUTLANDER series. So I thought it would be fun to have a Droughtlander Photo Contest, as a way to pass the time while we wait.
UPDATE 11/19/2016 12:50 pm: The contest is over, but you can see the results here.
I did a similar contest last year, and we had a lot of fun with it. I always enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with!
1) Submit a photo showing one of the following:
- Yourself, a friend, or a family member (including children or pets!) reading or holding one of Diana Gabaldon's books.
- Your OUTLANDER book collection (in any format, including e-books, audiobooks, etc.)
- A well-loved paperback edition (you know, one of those books that's been read so often it's nearly falling apart...)
- Your favorite place to read the books
- The most unusual place you've read the books
- At least one of Diana Gabaldon's books (in any format, including e-books, audiobooks, etc.) must be included in the photo in order to qualify for the contest.
- The photo must be one that you took yourself, or that you have permission to use.
- Your name
- A brief caption or description of the photo. (If there's a story behind the photo, I'd love to hear it!)
- Please state whether or not it's OK to share your photo. (After the contest ends, I will post the photos in an album on Picasa, so that Diana Gabaldon and any fans who might be interested can see them. If you'd rather not have your photo included in this collection, that's fine, just let me know. It won't affect your eligibility for the contest.)
4) One entry per person, please!
5) You do not have to be a US resident in order to enter this contest.
There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive his/her choice of ONE of the following:
- Any one of the OUTLANDER or Lord John books in hardcover, signed by Diana Gabaldon.
- THE MAKING OF OUTLANDER: The Official Guide to Seasons One and Two, by Tara Bennett (hardcover)
- OUTLANDER Season 2 Collector's Edition (Blu-ray or DVD)
PLEASE NOTE: I will acknowledge each entry as it's received with a reply by email. If you sent in a photo but you did NOT get a reply back from me within 24 hours, please re-send it and make sure that you put "OUTLANDER Photo Contest" in the subject line, so I will know it's for the contest. Thanks.