Share your favorite OUTLANDER links
Do you have any links you've collected, relating to the non-fictional aspects of the OUTLANDER books, that you think others might be interested in? Such as:
- Revolutionary War battle sites, weaponry, uniforms, etc.
- Information about historical figures mentioned in the books (and not just the later books, either. Charles Stuart, perhaps?)
- Pictures of Scotland: the landscape, the wildlife, the flora and fauna of the Highlands. I've never been to Scotland, and would really love to see some pictures of what the area mentioned in the books looks like.
- Pictures of Culloden, if anybody has them available. I've seen only the black-and-white picture of the Fraser stone in the OUTLANDISH COMPANION, and would be interested in seeing more.
- 18th century clothing or other items in use in daily life (either in Scotland or the Colonies) that have been mentioned in the books.
- Kilts, tartans, and so on. (Anybody have a picture of a Scot dressed up in full Fraser clan regalia? <g> I would love to see that.)
- Anything else you've run across that you think others would like to see?
Thanks in advance for your help!