It's official: Filming on OUTLANDER Season 2 has begun!
First day of filming on Outlander Season 2!!!— JON GARY STEELE (@jongarysteele) May 7, 2015
Sun is shining on first day of #DIA #OutlanderSeason2— Sam Heughan (@SamHeughan) May 7, 2015
Here we gooooo!!!!
Here's what we know so far about Season 2:
- Season 2 will be based on Diana Gabaldon's DRAGONFLY IN AMBER. (If you haven't read it yet, now would be a good time!)
- There will be 13 episodes, compared to 16 for Season 1.
- As in Season 1, the production will be divided into "blocks". Most of the blocks in Season 2 will cover two episodes, but there will be one block of three episodes.
- As far as I know, Diana Gabaldon has not written any of the scripts for Season 2.
- We have not heard anything about casting as yet. As soon as I hear anything, I will post here!
- The premiere date for Season 2 has not been announced yet, but it will probably not happen until sometime in 2016.
- Yes, that means we're going to have a very long #Droughtlander! Fans of Diana Gabaldon's books are used to waiting a long time between books. We will all just have to try to be patient.
- How are they going to handle the 20th-century "framing story" with Roger and Brianna? The producers have admitted that the structure of this book poses some logistical challenges. We have not heard anything yet about how they plan to deal with the 20th-century parts of the book, and it's possible that Season 2 may not begin the same way the book does.
That's "wait and see" in Gaelic. (One of Diana Gabaldon's favorite phrases.)